celeriac salad with apples & Parsley
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 oz. sourdough bread, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 habanero chile, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1 lb. celeriac, peeled and julienned
- 2 cups lightly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 medium tart apples, cored and julienned
- 1 tbsp. roughly chopped tarragon
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a medium skillet, heat ½ cup olive oil over medium heat. Add the bread cubes and cook, tossing, until croutons are browned and crisped, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel and season with 1 teaspoon salt.
In a small bowl, combine 1 ½ teaspoons salt, lemon juice, mayonnaise, syrup, and chile. Whisk to combine. While continuing to whisk, drizzle in ¼ cup olive oil until well combined.
In a large bowl, combine celery root, parsley, apples, tarragon and lemon zest. Pour dressing over top and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and top with croutons.