Crostini with Ricotta & Pea Shoots
- 8 ½” thick slices of baguette
- Olive oil
- ½ cup fresh whole milk ricotta
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped green garlic or spring onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Generous handful pea shoots
- ½ lemon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush both sides of baguette slices with olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown on both sides, turning once, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove.
Combine ricotta, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well until light and fluffy. Stir in garlic or onion, mint and lemon zest. Spread ricottoa mixture on baguette slices.
Top crostini with generous pinch of pea shoots. Drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Sprinkle with afew grains of salt and pepper and serve.