kale & celery tiger salad
- 2 red or green Thai chiles, lightly smashed
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly smashed
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar or light brown sugar
- Several large handfuls of baby salad kale
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 bunch small scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems
- ¾ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh Thai or sweet basil leaves
- ½ cup unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds and/or pumpkin seeds
- Chili oil (optional)
Whisk chiles, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, palm sugar, and 2 Tbsp. water in a large bowl. Let sit 5 minutes; remove chiles and garlic.
Add kale, celery, scallions, cilantro, mint, and basil to dressing and toss to coat (salad should be very heavily dressed).
Serve salad topped with seeds and drizzle with chili oil, if using.