roasted & marinated Peppers
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 3 yellow sweet peppers
- 3 red sweet peppers
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons finely chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Brush grill with oil and heat to medium-hot. Grill peppers until blackened, about 8 to 12 minutes. Let peppers cool in a bowl or paper bag. Once cool enough to handle, remove skins and seeds, saving the juices. Cut into 1 inch strips.
In a bowl, combine garlic, vinegar, thyme, salt, pepper, and any pepper juices. Gradually whisk in oil. Toss peppers with vinaigrette and arrange on a platter to serve. This can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator until ready to serve.