wild rice & Radish salad
- ½ cup wild rice
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground cracked pepper
In a medium pot, bring 1 cup wild rice and 3 cups water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered for 40-45 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 10 minutes, covered. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine rice, scallions, radishes, cilantro and feta. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and rice vinegar and grind black pepper over top. Toss to combine. Adjust seasonings and serve.
This salad can be made ahead and will improve if it sits in the refrigerator for at least half an hour prior to serving.