Roasted broccolini with winey mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds broccolini (2 large bunches), ends trimmed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 8 ounces cremini or other mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400?. Place broccolini on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of salt, and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer and roast, turning once, for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender. Transfer broccolini to a platter.
In a large frying pan, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until they start to soften. Increase the heat to medium-high, add the mushrooms and remaining salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes until the mushrooms are golden brown. The mushrooms will release a lot of liquid before reabsorbing it and starting to brown. Once mushrooms are browned, add the wine and cook 2 minutes more or until the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the pepper.
Spoon mushrooms over the broccolini and scatter parmesan, if using. Serve warm or at room temperature.